Friday, April 30 by 7 pm
Entry Forms and Entries for Literary Arts due, including the Notre Dame de Namur Scholarship-see youth exhibits for details (Mailed entries must be postmarked by April 30)
NEW!!! DIVISION 338 – THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MEMOIR WRITERS: THE POWER OF MEMOIR
1st Place $100 Rosette
2nd Place $50 Rosette
3rd Place $25 Rosette
Theme: THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE: A MENTOR WHO SHOWED ME THE WAY
Special Note: Dedicated to James Brauninger. In association with Linda Joy Myers, Ph.D., author of The Power of Memoir-How to Write Your Healing Story.
Eligibility: Submit maximum 3,000 words of your unpublished memoir story. Write about someone who changed your life and how he/she has helped you keep the faith. Submit according to the entry guidelines for the contest, using standard manuscript formatting, double-spaced.
The National Association of Memoir Writers: The Power of Memoir
Click here to download brochure with complete details.
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for all literary contests (including the NDNU scholarship) is 7 pm, Friday, April 30, 2010. Registration to compete can be done online, but no literary entries via email will be accepted; written material can be mailed (must be postmarked by April 30th ) or delivered to the office by the deadline noted above.
- FORMAT: THREE (3) copies of your entry on 8-1/2″ x 11″ white paper with each page numbered and TYPED, double spaced. Font point size may not be smaller than 12 pt. Do not submit the original. For judging purposes, author’s name SHALL NOT appear on literary work. For each piece, include a 3″ x 5″ card with the Author’s name, address, city, zip, home phone, day phone, title, first sentence or line, division, and class. Literary arts entries must be contestant’s original work and written in English. DO NOT RESUBMIT ANY LITERARY WORK PREVIOUSLY ENTERED INTO THE SAN MATEO COUNTY FAIR WHETHER IT WON A PRIZE OR NOT.
- JUDGING: Literary arts will be judged off site. Literary arts entries must have correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in order for each entry to be judged on its own merit.
- RELEASE: Author retains all rights; however, the author agrees that all literary arts entries may be displayed; along with each division first prize winner’s name, title, and an excerpt of said winning work, and any/all may be used for publicity purposes at the sole discretion of the Fair management.
- RETURN: In keeping with current writing competition standards, no literary arts entries will be returned; for confidentiality, all printed material will be shredded and recycled.
- PRIZE RIBBONS: Ribbons will be mailed after the end of the fair.
- AGE: Age for senior citizen class is determined by May 1, 2010.