I Have a Memoir, Now What?
with Susan Daffron, Author & Publisher
Date: Friday July 16, 2010
Time: 11 AM PDT |12 PM MDT | 1 PM CDT |2 PM EDT
Cost: FREE FOR NAMW MEMBERS (NAMW Members, the Call-In Details are posted below for current NAMW members who are logged into the site. Be sure to login to see them).
Telephone Number: (661) 673-8600
Access Code: 351223#[/private_NAMW]
Not Available for the Live Call? NAMW members can access a link in the NAMW Member Area within a week of the teleseminar to download the audio mp3 of this call!
After you’ve finished your book manuscript, producing a book doesn’t have to be a complicated process. However, it helps to understand issues related to publishing, printing, and editorial work so you can make good decisions about your book project. In this teleseminar, Susan Daffron walks you through the book production process, so you end up with a memoir you are proud to show friends, families, and colleagues.
Susan Daffron is the President of Logical Expressions, Inc., which is a small book publishing company that also offers book production services to authors and other publishers. She is the author of the multiple-award-winning book, Publishize: How to Quickly and Affordably Self-Publish a Book That Promotes Your Expertise.
In the teleseminar, Susan will explain:
- Why you must carefully examine your publishing goals before you make any final decisions about how to produce your book.
- The publishing numbers and acronyms you need to know when you decide to self-publish a book.
- The areas of the publishing process you can outsource, depending on your skills (and one you definitely should).
- Some of the confusing printing terminology you may encounter, so you can compare “apples to apples.”
- How to affordably publish your book and achieve good online distribution, yet avoid the stigma and expenses associated with subsidy/vanity presses.
About Susan: Susan Daffron is the award-winning author of 12 books (ten of which were self-published). She has a unique perspective on the ever changing print-on-demand and book publishing industries, with a background in writing, editing, graphic design, and Web site development. Susan has been in publishing since 1988.
NAMW Members, be sure to learn more about the Memoir Cover Design and Memoir Interior Layout Discount Susan is offering to NAMW Members! Not already an NAMW Member? Become a Member Today!