June 30, 2016
4 PM PDT/7 PM EDT
Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers
Scene: The Master Tool of Memoir Writing
In this free hour-long webinar, Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers are tackling the single-most important element of craft you need to master to write good memoir: scene. Anyone who reads and loves memoir knows that scenes are what makes your story come alive. But it goes deeper than that. Good scene writing can change your and your readers’ lives. How you write your memoir, with scenes that reach out and invite your reader to experience what you lived through, is the root of transformation, and the ticket to creating a work that resonates and stays with your reader, and that agents and editors will see as sellable.
- The key elements that make scenes come alive.
- Narration in scene and how and when to use it.
- The single most powerful gift you can give yourself when you’re writing scenes.
- How to track the arc of your scenes so you see the beginning, middle, and end.
- Transitions and how they connect your scenes together.
Sign up here for this free webinar on writing scenes—the most important tool in your writing toolbox.
We look forward to seeing you there!