Current List of NAMW Events:
- Fall 2017 Online Memoir Conference - Digging Deep into the Heart of Your Story November 3, 2017 From 10 AM PST- 3 PM PST 1 PM-6PM EST Join us for this 5 hour teleseminar series with Linda Joy Myers, president of the National Association of Memoir Writers and guest experts in writing and publishing memoir. Get out your shovel and spades! […]
- Labor Day and Back to School Sale - t’s time to celebrate Labor Day and Back to School here at NAMW! From September 2 through September 4, 2017 at midnight, The National Association of Memoir Writers is offering $20 off the cost of an annual membership! Here at NAMW, we think of the end of summer and the new crispness of autumn as a chance for new beginnings. […]
- FREE Memoir Webinar: Truth in Memoir: A Journey of Healing and Transformation - May 19, 2017 Free Day Long event: 10 AM/1PM to 2 PM/5 PM We’re very excited here at NAMW to offer a day long discussion about truth in memoir–one of the hottest topics memoirists discuss online, in forums, and in running Facebook posts! As memoirists, we have to struggle with “the truth.” When we write […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.