Current List of NAMW Events:
- Free Memoir Telesummit
May 15, 2015 10 AM PDT-1:45 PM PDT 1 PM EDT-4:45 PM EDT The Power of Story: Write a Memoir with Heart and Craft In my work with memoirists through the years, I continue to be impressed and awestruck by the ways I see story carry the power to touch lives, to present the truths […]
- What Can You Learn from Mary Karr?
Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers talk about The Liars’ Club Brooke Warner and I are offering the next installment of our New York Times best-selling memoir series starting next week, April 7, for four consecutive weeks. This time we are teaching The Liars’ Club, by Mary Karr, and we will focus, as we always […]
- Your Truth, My Truth—Whose Truth Is It in Your Memoir?
NAMW Member Teleseminar with Hollye Dexter April 24, 2015 11 AM PDT 12 PM MDT 1 PM CDT 2 PM EDT Our story is the only thing of true value that we own, the one thing that can’t be taken from us. And yet, so many of us struggle with whether or not we have […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.