Current List of NAMW Events:
- NAMW Member Teleseminar: Naming it – Telling the Truth About Family Abuse
Date: June 19, 2015 Time: 11 am PDT 12 pm MDT 1 pm CDT 2 pm EDT How do you write memoir about the damage of family abuse? When you do, what level of truth do you need to bring to the piece? Maybe you are living with something right now that is too difficult […]
- Is Memoir on Your Bucket List? Free Memoir Webinar
FREE Memoir Webinar June 1 at 4pm PT | 6pm CT | 7pm ET Is Memoir on Your Bucket List? Have you been thinking of writing a memoir, but aren’t sure if you should, how your family will react, or where to start? These are typical places where people hesitate about writing their story. […]
- Free Memoir Telesummit
May 15, 2015 10 AM PDT-1:45 PM PDT 1 PM EDT-4:45 PM EDT The Power of Story: Write a Memoir with Heart and Craft In my work with memoirists through the years, I continue to be impressed and awestruck by the ways I see story carry the power to touch lives, to present the truths […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.