Current List of NAMW Events:
- Do you struggle with an inner critic?
Most writers do, and sometimes that dratted critic can stop them from writing, or suck the energy away they initially feel when they decide that have a book inside them. It took me many years to write my memoir Don’t Call Me Mother—my inner critic was nasty and scary, but I’d learned about harsh criticism […]
- Breaking Silence Teleconference – Writing the Truth in Memoir
Friday November 14, 2014 10 AM-4 PM PST It’s time to find your voice and break your silence — and write the memoir you want to write! During this day long teleconference, we will be addressing how shame can help to silence our voice. We call the voice that creates writer’s block the ”Inner […]
- Free Memoir Webinar: What Made Angela’s Ashes a Bestseller?
Tuesday: September 30 4:00PM – 5:00PM Pacific 5:00PM – 6:00PM Mountain 6:00PM – 7:00PM Central 7:00PM – 8:00PM Eastern Sign up here To purchase the 4 week class click here. Angela’s Ashes… you know, it’s the Irish story, the “miserable Irish childhood” that Frank McCourt would talk about with tongue in cheek–and how we […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.