Current List of NAMW Events:
- Don’t Let Anyone Stop You From Writing Your Memoir - January 14, 2016 4 pm PST 5 pm MST 6 pm CST 7 pm EST Our Roundtable and NAMW podcast guest is Leslie Johansen Nack, author of Fourteen: A Daughter’s Memoir of Adventure, Sailing and Survival. Leslie Nack always wanted to write, but life and work and being busy, not to mention the inner critic […]
- December Member Teleseminar - December 11 , 2015 11 AM PST 12PM MST 1PM CST 2 PM EST Weave History into Your Memoir and Create a Universal Connection We want to welcome once again Kim Pearson, whose specialty is helping writers include research and history in their stories. Kim is also a ghostwriter and we are going to talk […]
- New and Innovative Alternative Tools for Publishing and Promoting Your Books - November Member Teleseminar November 20, 2015 11 am PST 12 pm MST 1 pm CST 2 pm EST If you’re not traditionally published you’ve probably published with a service like IngramSpark, Amazon, BookBaby, Smashwords and the like. But don’t stop there! You can also publish on various non-exclusive, innovative, alternative platforms that are free for […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.