Current List of NAMW Events:
- Writing Memoir–The Amber of the Moment - October Memoir Teleseminar October 23, 2015 11 am PST 12 pm MST 1 pm CST 2 pm EST “Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut Writing memoir can feel like this … like being “trapped in the amber of the moment.” So how can we […]
- Upcoming Events - OCTOBER 15, 2015 7-8PM EMERYVILLE, CA BARNES AND NOBLE Address: Bay Street Emeryville, 5604 Bay St, Emeryville, CA 94608 Phone:(510) 547-0905 I’ll be joining Amy Ferris, editor of Shades of Blue, Brooke Warner, Founder She Writes Press, Author of What’s Your Book? And Hollye Dexter, Fire Season for a panel discussion about using stories to […]
- Fall 2015 Telesummit | Truth and Transformation in Memoir - Fall 2015 Telesummit Truth and Transformation in Memoir Friday November 6, 2015 10 am-3 pm Welcome to the Fall Telesummit for the National Association of Memoir Writers! We have a TON of great information for you writers and explorers of truth in memoir. Even if you can’t attend every session, when you sign up […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.