Current List of NAMW Events:
- What Made Susannah Cahalan’s Brain on Fire a Best-selling Memoir? - Join us for our new best-seller short course: How to Write a Memoir That Changes Lives Class dates: Sept 19, Sept 26, Oct 3, Oct 10 Mondays at 4pm PT | 5pm MT | 6pm CT | 7pm ET All classes are one hour and we record all sessions so that you can watch the […]
- How to Write a Memoir That Changes Lives – Free Webinar September 12, 2016 - Linda Joy Myers and Brooke Warner are back with the next installment of their best-selling memoir series, with a free offering. FREE WEBINAR: Join us on Monday, September 12, for “What Made Susannah Cahalan’s Brain on Fire a Best-selling Memoir?” Monday, September 12 4pm PT | 5pm MT | 6pm CT | 7pm ET Come […]
- FREE WEBINAR - June 30, 2016 4 PM PDT/7 PM EDT Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers Scene: The Master Tool of Memoir Writing In this free hour-long webinar, Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers are tackling the single-most important element of craft you need to master to write good memoir: scene. Anyone who reads and loves memoir […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.