Current List of NAMW Events:
- The Art of Slow Writing
Date: March 5th, 2015 Time: 4 PM PST / 5 PM MST / 6 PM CST / 7 PM EST Guest: Louise DeSalvo I’m so very pleased and excited to have as our Roundtable guest for March the renowned author and teacher Louise DeSalvo. Over ten years ago, I immersed myself gratefully into her book Writing […]
- Nonfiction Author Association Teleseminar – February 11
Linda Joy Myers, guest speaker February 11, 2015 | Time: 10AM PST / 1PM EST In this conversation with Stephanie Chandler, creator of the Nonfiction Authors Association, Linda Joy Myers discusses how to write better memoirs. She will talk about How is memoir writing different from other genres of writing? Is there a process […]
- Do you struggle with an inner critic?
Most writers do, and sometimes that dratted critic can stop them from writing, or suck the energy away they initially feel when they decide that have a book inside them. It took me many years to write my memoir Don’t Call Me Mother—my inner critic was nasty and scary, but I’d learned about harsh criticism […]
Starts January 15, 2015
Writing a Healing Memoir/Spiritual Autobiography Workshop—6 Sessions with Linda Joy Myers
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott
In this workshop, we silence the noise of everyday life and dig into memories, tune into writing our stories, and learn the skills needed to write a satisfying memoir—to get all the way to “The End.”
It’s important to write freely without worrying about your inner critic or being published just yet—though that may be your ultimate goal. In order to get your memoir done, you need to feed your creative spirit, and have accountability to help get your stories on the page in a first draft.
- Send that week’s story to your classmates through email.
- Workshop members read and write feedback through email—reflecting on what works; offering feedback about what could be different or clarified.
- At class time, we gather by phone to talk about the stories—discussing what comes up as you write, your inner critic, doubts and dreams about your stories, and questions about structure. Find out in person on the call what you want to know from the group that will help you continue and develop your work.
- I guide the group, offer writing tips, and teach techniques that help you keep writing and learn how to grow as a writer.
Six sessions to keep your writing going!
Member Price: $250.00
Non-Member Price: $260.00
Also, be sure to check out our inspirational articles and guides on the NAMW blog. Learn more about our members by checking out our Member Directory or read about our NAMW Featured Members! You can also listen to audio interviews with select authors.