$49—all writers and authors
I’m so pleased to introduce a special webinar for all of you who are working on a book that you want to publish—and even more importantly—to sell and get into the hands of your readers. Joey Garcia is a media and publicity expert who knows the secrets of what goes on inside a newsroom—and what happens to your books when you send them out through your publicist.
Join us to learn how things REALLY work behind the scenes, and what you need to do to get your books in the hands of your readers.
What Happens When Your Book Arrives Inside a Newsroom
You’re working on your book—congratulations! After the edits and publication, you will want to get your book into the world. You want your readers to enjoy it, and of course you want it to be a bestseller. You count on excellent publicity opportunities through the media to help sell your book.
But too often, books sent out for review end up piled in boxes stuffed with the copy you and your publicist carefully wrote. Did you know that?
Joey Garcia, a media and publicity expert, is going to take us behind the scenes to show us the reality of how the media works, and what you need to do to get on the air and have your book reach the hearts of your readers.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The difference between the newsroom of the past and a 21st century newsroom. Discover how the reality of today’s media landscape impacts your ability to promote your book in the media.
- The new format for press releases, why the media prefers it, and how you can apply this updated format to benefit your book.
- How to research, identify and locate contact information for the right person inside a newsroom who will champion your book and get it on air.
- Three simple methods to make your book newsworthy so producers will want to book a segment with you right away.
- Why ebooks are generally ignored by the media and what you can do about it. We’ll also discuss why it’s important to have actual books to give away to the press and a technique that leaves a positive and lasting impression.
- How to control the narrative so the story you want in the world is the story that gets told.
- How Twitter can help you master the art of the soundbite and why you need to practice the art of the 60-second pitch.
- How to manage your own book publicity and what to look for when hiring a book publicist.
When you sign up you will receive an email with the call-in information for the webinar. There will be time for Joey to answer your specific questions about your book and publicity plans.
The webinar will be recorded and you will receive the video of the program afterward. If you aren’t able to join us live, you’ll still have the opportunity to learn how to create a publicity plan that works.
Joey Garcia created opportunities through her book tour, including new gigs as a Relationship Expert for a network television station and as a radio talk show host. She is also the founder and director of The Belize Writers’ Conference where writers and authors vacation with New York literary agents at a beachfront resort in her native Belize. Joey is the author of “When Your Heart Breaks, It’s Opening to Love: Healing and finding love after an affair, heartbreak or divorce” which received a national award for books that inspire tolerance and forgiveness. For more than 20 years she has written a relationship advice column, and her personal essays, poetry and short stories have been published widely. Through “Start The Press” she provides memoir coaching and book publicity services to writers and authors. Joey is at work on her memoir proposal while her agent pitches her novel to publishers. www.joeygarcia.com
The Belize Writers Conference, April 25 -29, 2020 at Jaguar Reef Lodge in Hopkins, Belize. Manuscript critiques with literary agents, workshops and panels on the book business. Relax, write, and read by the Caribbean Sea. However you plan to publish, this conference will help you learn what you need to know. www.joeygarcia.com/events